The Coralville Center for the Performing Arts stage will feature a variety of events in March 2013, giving members of the community many opportunities to participate in performances and enjoy cultural offerings.
The schedule includes:
· Regina High School presents Grease February 28-March 3. Join Rydell High's senior class of 1959 in this rollicking musical. Performances are Thursday-Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are $10 - $22; appropriate for all ages.
· On Saturday, March 9, the CCPA "Movie and Music" series continues with a showing of the 1961 romantic comedy Breakfast at Tiffany's, starring Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard. Prior to the film, Iowa City early jazz band Mutiny in the Parlor will perform a set of old time swing and parlor tunes from the 1910s-1940s. Music starts at 7pm; the movie plays at 8pm. Tickets $8.
· Coralville Central Elementary School presents a general music program featuring students grades K-2 at 7pm on Monday, March 11. This event is part of the CCPA's program offering free use of the theater to Coralville schools.
· Hancher Auditorium presents pianist Christopher O'Riley and cellist Matt Haimovitz in Shuffle. Play. Listen, a daring collaboration offering a fresh take on classical music, on Thursday, March 28 at 7:30pm. Tickets ($10-$47) are available through Hancher Auditorium at 1-800-HANCHER.
· Nolte Academy presents a fully staged production of Prokofiev's ballet Cinderella Friday, March 29 at 7:30pm and Saturday, March 30 at 2pm. Cinderella is considered one of Prokofiev's most melodious compositions, and is notable for its jubilant music and comic roles of the stepsisters, performed by male dancers. This production features top Nolte students and professional guest artists in leading roles. Tickets are $16-$22.
Further information on these events and details on other upcoming events are available at CoralvilleArts.org.
Tickets for most CCPA events are available by phone at 319.248.9370, online at CoralvilleArts.org, and in person at the CCPA box office at 1301 5th Street and Coralville Recreation Center at 1506 8th Street.